Ok, so maybe you just had someone set up your Google Places page for your business only to find out that now you have a Google+ Local page that popped up. Or, maybe that didn’t happen and you’re wondering what you need to do next or …maybe you just don’t even know what I’m talking about.
No matter where you find yourself on this topic, no worries there’s no need to rush and get all flustered. We’ve got this handled.
The fact of the matter is that Google is making some changes and from what I see, some changes that could definitely be for the better for your business. Here are just a couple advantages to using the new Google + Local for Business (Yes, that’s a real mouthful) page.
- Circles – You can use various circles to segregate your lists and funnel specific information to those circles. You can create circles specifically for your team and even more intimate circles to introduce one or two people for joint ventures or whatever your business calls for.
- Zagat Rating – With Google acquiring the ever so popular Zagat rating platform this is an automatic plus for those in the food industry but they are also using this system for other niches as well. Look forward to seeing a lot of weight put on these ratings and be sure to do you due diligence to do proper reputation management.
- Video – The ability to upload videos to your business page is just another great avenue for increasing your online ranking.
- Images – I think this one goes without saying. Images have certainly taken front stage on many marketing platforms these days.
- Mapping – Just as Google Local pages were built around their mapping system, so goes it with Google+ Local.
Ok, so that’s just a few off the top of my head items to think about when considering a Google+ business presence but hopefully it helps to get your wheels turning a bit.
Now is the time to take a few steps back and take a look over your entire marketing system and look for potential holes and any reputation risks that may be present for your business. If you’re confused and don’t know where to start, set up a free 30 minute risk free consultation today.